Cooler weather is here and that means one thing: COMFORT FOODS. It also means shorter days. Here is a recipe from Plain & Simple Traditions: Amish & Mennonite Holidays.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onions
- 4 or 5 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 pint tomato sauce (canned or prepared)
- 1 pound Sausage
- Heat oven to 350.
- Slice onions, potatoes, and sausage.
- Melt butter and pour into a casserole pan. Make certain it is evenly distributed.
- Place a layer of onions on the bottom.
- Place a layer of potatoes on top of the onions.
- Sprinkled flour over potatoes.
- Evenly pour tomato sauce over the top.
- Place a layer of the sausages over the sauce.
- Add water to cover the ingredients.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for three hours.
I wonder if Kate Zook would prepare this with her mother during the cold months after David’s accident??? Preorder your copy of An Amish Buggy Ride to read more about Kate and David!