How about a piece of pecan pie? Today’s recipe is easy and delicious. Need I say more? You can find this yum-o recipe plus many more in my book Plain and Simple Traditions. Enjoy!
✦ ¾ stick unsalted butter
✦ 1 ¼ cups sugar, brown
✦ ¾ cup corn syrup (light or dark)
✦ 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
✦ ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
✦ ¼ teaspoon salt
✦ 3 large eggs
✦ 1 ½ to 2 cups pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add brown sugar, whisking until smooth.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, zest, and salt.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs before adding the corn syrup mixture.
6. Put pecans in pie shell and pour corn syrup mixture evenly over them.
7. Bake on hot baking sheet until filling is set (approximately one hour).
8. Cool completely.
NOTE: You can also toast the pecans for a few minutes before adding them to the pie shell.