Sarah Price self-published her first book, Fields of Corn, in 2009, a book she wrote twenty years earlier while studying anthropology and writing at Drew University (Madison, NJ). With her Anabaptist upbringing, she was drawn to the amazing culture of the Amish of Lancaster County where Ms. Price is heavily involved with numerous Amish communities where she is considered family by some and friend by most others. Fields of Corn became an Amazon bestseller and fans began asking her for more books.
In 2013, she signed with Realms, a division of Charisma House, to publish the Amish Classics series. Initially focusing on the retelling of Jane Austen's timeless classics from within an Amish setting, her first traditionally published book, First Impressions, A Retelling of Pride & Prejudice, debuted on the ECPA bestseller list. She intends to continue retelling classics, including the Bronte sisters and Victor Hugo, as she enjoys "raising the bar" on her own intellectual stimulation as well as that of her expansive base of loyal readers.
In 2014, she signed with Waterfall Press and published An Amish Buggy Ride which became a #1 bestseller in Religious Romance.
First Impressions- ECPA Bestsellers List for July
Person of the Year 2014: Sarah Price, Patch.com
- BEA 2014 – NYC (May 2014)
- ICRS 2014 – Atlanta (June 2014)
- ACFW Conference Workshop (ONLINE): Social Media and the Writer (September 2013)
- TJ Martell Foundation Walk (Madison): Pink Umbrellas (October 2013)
- Walter T. Bergen Middle School (Bloomingdale): Mean People Stink with Katie G. and Jordan Green. (October 2013)
- My Training Gym (Morristown): Pink Umbrellas with Katie G. (October 2013)
- Boy Scouts of America (Morristown): Women of Tribute Award Dinner (November 2013)
- Say No to Bullying! Presenter at Toms River School District (October 2013)
- Why Graduate Degrees Matter, Presenter at Drew University (November 2012)
- Engaging Students Using Technology, Presenter at NJEDge.net (September 2011)
- Electronic Media and International Academic Service Learning Co-Presenter at Global
ASL Conference, Pace University (June 2011)
- Collaborative Course Design Co-presenter at Sloan Consortium (November 2009)
- Team-Based Course Design Co-presenter at Teaching and Learning Colloquium, Stony Brook University (May 2009)
- Research on Team-Based Course Design Co-presenter at Sloan Consortium (November 2008)
- A New Integrated Marketing Model: Adding the Internet to the Mix. Marketing on the
Internet: Marketing to Adult Students, Published by College Board (May 2000)
Sarah Price is a nationally recognized best-selling novelist. She’s been on the best sellers list for
ECPA in 2014 and Amazon’s Top 100 authors’ list in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Other Professional Awards & Recognition include:
• Recipient, Person of the Year, Morristown, 2014.
• Honoree, T.J. Martell Foundation, Breast Cancer Walk for a Cure, 2013
• Recipient, Women of Distinction, Boy Scouts of America, 2013
• Exemplar Award, The North American Council for Staff, Program and Organizational
Development, November 2011
• John Fry Individual Merit Award, The North American Council for Staff, Program and
Organizational Development, July 2011
• Students’ Favorite Professor, College of St. Elizabeth, May 2002